Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Thoughts

I love being a mother. Sometimes I need to remind myself, usually when I'm holding a kicking, screaming A upside down during a "meltdown" always in public, while someone is commenting, tongue in cheek I'm sure, about how when our kids get in trouble at school one day, they'll know it involved A saying, "Let's try this." Encouraging for a mother, huh:)

My pumpkin is feisty and a natural-born leader. If I can rein those great traits in for good and teach her to be a leader for Christ, not the other guy, I'm actually happy that she isn't overly shy or a wallflower. I know that given the right direction and tons of prayer, that she'll be a strong little girl who can influence others for good.

That being said, I wanted to share a few of those sweet, tender moments that her father and I capture at home, when she isn't out telling the world that I'm "mine mommy" or her best friend is "my Lucy." She's just proud of us!

Last night, when we were finishing up some chocolate chip cookies in our den, A came by, unprovoked, and took mine and her father's plates to the kitchen, where she placed them on the counter. She also had on a cute t-shirt with sparkly lettering. When you asked her what was on her shirt, she replied, "Sparcles." I couldn't get enough of her saying that word.

She also is taking very good care of her baby dolls and will speak so quietly and sweetly to them, always telling them, "I be right back" then blowing each a big kiss. My daughter is truly a sweet, adorable girl, and I love sharing those moments with her. So next time you see us at the grocery store and she is yelling to you, "Not yours, mine," remember that when she isn't learning the use of possessives, she is doing good deeds in her own sweet way.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Wow the years go so fast!! But I remember those times in the store like it was yesterday. Yikes!!

Thanks for your encouraging words and your prayers. They are desperately needed. You are very much appreciated.


-Sheryl