Monday, May 19, 2008

Raving Cravings

Pregnancy cravings. ARRRGH! Pregnancy cravings. How could someone who just wants to sleep all day be so hungry?! And not just hungry, no, it is a fixation on a certain food that borders obsession. Saturday it was Panera bread's Smokehouse Turkey. Sunday night, taco salad. My husband wanted to grill out for me on Saturday, and I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from making sure his meal plan fit my craving of the day. We had grilled chicken and it was wonderful.

I have actually convinced myself that peanut M & Ms are good for me. Seriously. And I assure you that will not be the only junk food that rises in nutritional merit during this pregnancy. No, there will be others, like cherry-chocolate ice cream. It has the antioxidants of chocolate plus the fruity benefit of cherries! Did I mention that ice cream has calcium?? I'm still working on how I can up the nutritional value of barbecue and hamburgers. Isn't pork the new chicken?

Just shy of ten weeks, and I've already gained five pounds, despite running, spinning, and chasing A . Oh well, as long as oatmeal raisin cookies qualify as health food, it looks like I'll be in for quite a weight loss plan once the baby gets here. I think training for a marathon did wonders last time, and just imagine how many calories I'll burn running with two babies!

No comments: