Monday, August 31, 2009

Words of Wisdom

A has become quite the comedienne, so I thought I 'd share some of her words of wisdom.

While playing Hungry Hippos one day, A decided she would be the pink and orange hippos and mommy could play the green and yellow ones. About two minutes into the game, A puts her hand on the green hippo and says, "Mommy, the he's not hungry anymore."

A has been taking Spanish at her new pre-school. One day after school, I was asking A if she was learning any Spanish, yet. I said, "Have you learned hola, como esta, bien?" She interrupts me and says, "Mom, I'm not Dora."

We were watching a commercial for the SpinBrush, and A says, "Look at that, mom." "It's a toothbrush," is my response. Without missing a beat, A says, "That's not a toothbrush, it's a teethbrush." She's got me there; it does brush more than one tooth at a time.

After church, I was asking A what they talked about in her new Sunday school class. "Did you read about Isaac, Abraham, Moses?" I asked. "Moses," she replied. "From the liver Bible." "The liver Bible? You mean the Living Bible." "Yes, Mommy. The Livin' Bible."

After our morning run, A is sitting in her carseat singing Veggie Tales, when she stops, and says, "You're huge, mommy." "I'm huge?" Her response, "That's okay. I like my big mommy." Later that day, though, out of the blue, she says, "You're not huge anymore, mommy."

Later that day, she told a clerk at Wal-mart that she was a "hoot." I tried to exlpain that she meant she was funny but realized that probably wasn't much better, so I finally just assured her that it was not an insult but a compliment.

I can't wait to hear what she'll come up with next!

2 comments:

Southern Cheesehead said...

Kids always say the funniest thing. the other night I was helping my oldest study for his Geography test the next day. He answered all the questions right and so I said that he should ace his test the next day since he knew all the answers. He said, "Mom, Ace is my middle name".

The other night my friend stopped by the house with her new car to pick up something from me. My 4 year old came out there while I was talking with her. When she drove off he looked up me and said "that's a sweet ride".

They keep us on our toes!!!

Jennifer said...

THe "teeth brush" one got me.. lol