Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thoughts on Miss America

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in weeks; I have a new baby and this is what I've chosen to write about. T is putting A to bed, and I am sitting watching the talent portion of Miss America with C sleeping and sighing on my lap. And I'm thinking I could have never been Miss America because of the talent portion. I know you might be thinking the talent, really, that's all that was stopping you.....yes, there are other reasons I could have never been Miss America, swimsuit namely, but what would my talent have been?

What about those of us who have no performance talent? Are we not capable of being Miss America? Does cooking five items on four eyes of the stove, while changing a diaper with one hand, reading a book, putting a Belle dress on with the other hand, and maintaining sanity count as a talent? I don't sing well enough to use it as my talent in the pageant. I can't dance, I don't play any instruments well, do they do anything else in the talent portion? I can run long distances and teach and write. Can I write an essay on stage while humming Veggie Tales?
I didn't think so.... Oh well, guess I'll neve be Miss America.

No comments: