Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Potty Mouth

Potty Training. Who knew it would be more challenging than nursing, sleepless nights, whining.....I can go on. We were moving along just fine until my belly started to grow and now that the bump is larger than my firstborn, the no's have become even more adamant. My daughter is still in the refusal stage, but it seems we're moving to a new stage, the excuse stage. Perhaps she is trying to spare mom's feelings by stopping complete refusal and trying to reason with mommy as to why the potty just can't be used. Below are some of my favorite excuses:

1. When we're out and the only potty is a big potty, I hear, "It's just too big mommy."

2. Also with big potty, "I'm scared."

3. Yesterday she cleverly stated, "I can't mommy, I have gum in my mouth." Apparently, she can't chew gum and do other things at the same time. Guess she gets that from her clumsy mama.

4. "I'll do it after Veggie Tales, after bath, after I eat, after I read my book, after I'm finished with my college finals..... Okay, I made the last one up, but I don't doubt if she hears it, she'll use it.

5. "I too little, mommy."

6. "I a baby, not a big girl."

7. When peer pressure is in play, I hear, basically, "So." Not in words but in actions.

Is it wrong to find comfort in the fact that she is not yet 3? I think I'd have an easier time teaching her to read before her third birthday. Like all other things, I'm just going to have to leave this one at the throne of God and depend on Him to do the rest!




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my Gosh.. After my college exams..lol