Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dancing Shoes

I can't dance. At all. I have two left feet. Shocking, I know. As a matter of fact, one of my left feet, the right one actually, has an injured ligament and is in a brace, even now. That being said. I love to dance. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed with any rhythm. But March brings a dance of a different kind, one with minimal risk for injury, one that I'm eager to just sit back and watch, yet one that offers audience participation with nothing at stake but bragging rights. And I must admit, I'm pretty good at this particular dance.

March Madness is here. Time to bring on the brackets! Last year, I had the joy of beating hundreds of male bracket challenge participants and hosting D and B's show for an hour. My dance was graceful and smooth to say the least. Okay, I'm also no good at talking smack, but I will offer the following tips.

1. Never pick Kansas. They tend to choke.
2. Memphis is overrated. So is Drake.
3. Pitino and Izzo can coach in the tournament even when their teams aren't outstanding.
4. Go easy on the upsets, but I like Western Kentucky and Davidson.

That being said, we all know the bracket is a whole lot of luck and absolutely no skill. I just hope my bracket is not too terrible because now that I've proven I can pick em, the stakes are higher. If I'm terrible this year, just go easy on me, my dancing feet are injured, you know.

And if I may, Go CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Southern Cheesehead said...

well, you got Davidson right...I wish you hadn't - it totally screwed up my bracket!